The AT Chaser trailer is reminiscent of the classic lines of the military 416 & 101 trailers, but the similarity ends there. The modernized suspension and high quality craftsmanship yields a functional trailer that is “Built for Off-Road” travel. The Chaser is preferred by those who travel over highly technical terrain due to its lower center of gravity.
The six foot long cargo box provides 46 cubic feet of storage which is three times that of a Jeep Wrangler®. So there’s lots of room for all your camping gear, fridge, food and personal gear. When the lid is closed and locked down all of your equipment stays dry, dust free and safe.
The Chaser features our 4th generation proprietary Trailing Arm Air Suspension, TAAS 4.0. Developed over 10 years and countless miles in various terrains, this suspension is adjustable for varying loads, supple and compliant over brutal washboard and technical terrain yet with excellent highway speed manners. The suspension soaks up the terrain and road so well you will hardly notice that you are towing a trailer. Adjusting the suspension for varying loads is easily accomplished with a small compressor, a manual bicycle pump or at a filling station.
All AT trailers are customizable. Utilizing a mix and match approach we alow clients to select which options are most practical additions to the base trailer. The modular design concept allows for upgrades later as your needs dictate.
Awarded “Best of Breed” 2008 by the Overland Journal
“…It was immediately clear Mario had nailed the suspension. Compliance was phenomenal, and he had also added toe-in and camber adjustment to the trailing arms to ensure even better control.
That would be the first of many adventures with Chaser #1, culminating in our 9,000-mile expedition to the Arctic Ocean, where we couldn’t fit a box of playing cards into the remaining space left in the trailer (see Overland Journal, Winter 2007). With nearly 16,000 miles on the chassis in less than two years…”
All measurements in inches, on 35″ tires.
- Overall Length 141″
- Overall Width 64″
- Main Cargo Box (50″ W + 40″ W) x 26.25 “H x 72″
- L Nose Box (32″ W + 12″W) x 20.5″ H x 21.375″L
- Cubic Capacity 46 Cubic Feet
- Water Tank 19 Gallons
- Gas Cans 5 Gallons each
- Base Trailer Weight 700 lbs.
- Payload 2000 lbs.
- Ground Clearance 24″
- Box Material 14 Gauge Zinc Washed Steel
- Chassis Material 2″ x 3″ x 1/8″ steel tube
- Bumper material 2″ x 5″ x 3/16” steel tube
*Payload includes all options and features added to the base trailer plus water and fuel storage. Gasoline weighs 6.25 lb per gallon Water weighs 8.35 lb per gallon
When packing your trailer place the heaviest items on the bottom of the load box. Split your cargo weight 60% forward of the axle and 40% behind it. Use stackable packing containers to store non-perishable food stuffs and smaller items. Strap your loads down using the tie downs and tie down taps within the load box to stop the load from shifting during travel.
Measurements are to be used as guidelines only.
- Trailing Arm Air Suspension, TAAS 4.0
- Heavy duty laser cut chassis, powder coated plus corrosion protection
- 2” Receiver type tongue and 2” rear accessory/recovery receiver for accessories up to 150 lbs
- 14 gauge steel laser cut and formed trailer body, powder coated plus corrosion protection
- Stainless steel hinges and latches throughout
- Gas strut assisted cargo lid
- Interior cargo tie down points
- Cargo floor rubber mat
- D.O.T. compliant LED lighting and reflectors
- Standard textured black chassis and suspension, high reflective white body components
- One of the most popular options on the Chaser is the Stand Alone Kitchen (SAK). The kitchen unit is housed in a waterproof lockable case mounted on our robust swing away that opens up 120′. It has a slide-out high output two burner propane stove, cutting board and room left to house kitchen utensils. A 10 lb. propane cylinder and propane bracket can also be added. Used in conjunction with the optional Baltic Birch Shelf, the SAK creates a full kitchen on one side of the Chaser trailer. We also have a Tailgate Cutting Board
- A 6′ x 6′ awning mounted on the passenger side area via stainless steel height adjustable supports. The awning is completely self-contained within an aluminum clamshell tube. The awning provides welcome shade in the desert and shelter from rain showers.
- An optional 2 way fridge can be installed inside the main cargo box, mounted on a locking plate to hold securely in place. Traveling with the fridge inside the main box protects it from the harsh off road environment outside. We have many models to choose from Engel and National Luna in sizes 35 liters to 80 liters.
- The mid-section of the Chaser tongue of the trailer has a built in skid plate and is used to house the optional 19 gallon water tank made from food grade plastic that is BPA free. The tank is fitted with a 3″ clean out, a drain, and a mechanical pump.
- The space in front of the water tank can be fitted with two 5 gallon/20 liter fuel or water cans and holders.
- Side protection bars
- Electric brakes, while not required for a trailer in its class, are highly recommended
- A large nose box can be fitted at the front of the tongue and is typically used to house deep cycle batteries, battery chargers, solar controllers, inverters, 12 volt outlets, or just extra storage.
- A Multi-axis Max Coupler for articulated travel on & off pavement, D.O.T. & S.A.E. J684 tested
- Swing-away spare tire carrier
- 12 volt power systems, 110/120 volt shore charging, solar charging
- Roof top tents of various sizes to sleep from 2 to 4 persons comfortably
- AT Roof Rack system with aircraft grade adjustable track. Compatible with accessories made by most major manufacturers. A required item if choosing to add a roof top tent.
We understand that our clients may have specific equipment and performance requirements that may not be found on our standard options menu. If you do not find what you are looking for, simply ask.
VISIT OUR SHOWROOM
Chamblee, GA 30341